A Computer Network Technician is an information technology professional engaged in various businesses to build and troubleshoot computer networks. These individuals focus on setup, repair, and troubleshooting of both hardware and software products that are incorporated in a business’s network.
The training equips participants to know the theory of Computer Networking, devices and category with uses and implementation business cases. Theoretical framework is as covered by Micro Soft networking fundamentals and elements of CISCO CCNA up to OSI layers.
Participants will know how to configure and deploy wireless devices and switches on a LAN with the Windows Server OS installation and configuration to introduce systems into the LAN. They are expected to support businesses in :
- Installing well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling-working closely with the Engineer.
- Performing troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network.
- Testing and configuring software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices that constitute the network resources.
- IT Essentials
- Networking basics, computer networking, network security
- Windows 10 Professional Installation and configuration
- Voice and video over IP (VOIP)
- Wired and wireless networks,
- Windows server, network client systems
- Maintenance documentation
- Desktop support
- CCTV implementation